Recent Drinking Water News and Protecting Public Health
Recent drinking water news highlights the critical role the laboratory plays in fulfilling your agency’s mission to protect the public health and ensure consistent delivery of safe drinking water. We at E.S. Babcock & Sons, Inc. take our responsibilities for accurate and timely notification as seriously as you do. We would like to share the training and procedures used at ESB to help you protect and serve your customers.
- Only approved and accredited methods are utilized to test samples.
- Our staff receives thorough training and each analyst must obtain documented proficiency before performing any tests on client samples.
- Rigorous quality control criteria are met for all tests performed, including positive and negative controls for microbiology.
- Proficiency samples with results known only to an independent third party are tested and reported regularly to verify accuracy.
- Results and sample ID's requiring immediate notification are verified by a second laboratory professional before the client is called.
- Detailed notification procedures are followed and documented, including entry into our database and inclusion on final report.
We are proud to meet the requirements of both the California Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program (ELAP) and the more stringent National Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program (NELAP). Our pride and professionalism have made E. S. Babcock & Sons, Inc. a recipient of the American Council of Independent Laboratories (ACIL) Seal of Excellence year after year.
If you have any questions about our services, or would like copies of our recent Performance Evaluation Results, please do not hesitate to call our Quality Assurance Department.